University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Parallel and Distributed Systems: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Parallel and Distributed Systems syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Parallel and Distributed Systems Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Parallel and Distributed Systems Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Parallel and Distributed Systems in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Parallel and Distributed Systems Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Parallel and Distributed Systems and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Parallel and Distributed Systems Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|CCC||Synchronous Parallel Processing|
|CD||Introduction to Distributed Systems|
|DC||Resource and Process Management|
|DCCC||Consistency and Replication and Distributed File Systems|
|801||Consistency and Replication|
|802||Distributed File Systems|
- Parallel Computing, Parallel Architecture, Architectural Classification Scheme, Performance of Parallel Computers, Performance Metrics for Processors, Parallel Programming Models, Parallel Algorithms.
- Introduction, Pipeline Performance, Arithmetic Pipelines, Pipelined Instruction Processing, Pipeline Stage Design, Hazards, Dynamic Instruction Scheduling.
- Introduction, Example-SIMD Architecture and Programming Principles, SIMD Parallel Algorithms, Data Mapping and memory in array processors, Case studies of SIMD parallel Processors.
- Definition, Issues, Goals, Types of distributed systems, Distributed System Models, Hardware concepts, Software Concept, Models of Middleware, Services offered by middleware, Client Server model.
- Layered Protocols, Remote Procedure Call, Remote Object Invocation, Message Oriented Communication, Stream Oriented Communication.
- Desirable Features of global Scheduling algorithm, Task assignment approach, Load balancing approach, load sharing approach, Introduction to process management, process migration, Threads, Virtualization, Clients, Servers, Code Migration
- Clock Synchronization, Logical Clocks, Election Algorithms, Mutual Exclusion, Distributed Mutual Exclusion-Classification of mutual Exclusion Algorithm, Requirements of Mutual Exclusion Algorithms, Performance measure
- Non Token based Algorithms:- Lamport Algorithm, Ricart–Agrawala’s Algorithm, Maekawa’s Algorithm
- Token Based Algorithms:- Suzuki-Kasami’s Broardcast Algorithms, Singhal’s Heurastic Algorithm, Raymond’s Tree based Algorithm, Comparative Performance Analysis.
- Introduction, Data-Centric and Client-Centric Consistency Models, Replica Management.
- Introduction, good features of DFS, File models, File Accessing models, File-Caching Schemes, File Replication, Network File System(NFS), Andrew File System(AFS), Hadoop Distributed File System and Map Reduce.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Software Architecture 2011 to 2018
- Multimedia System Design 2011 to 2015
- Distributed Computing 2010 to 2016
- Data Warehousing and Mining 2010 to 2018
- Human Machine Interaction 2016 to 2018
- Parallel and Distributed Systems 2016 to 2018