CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Introduction to Operating System
- Objectives and Functions of O.S., OS Services, Special purpose systems, Types Of OS
- System Calls, types of system calls, Operating system structure, System Boot.
200.00 Process Management
201.00 Process Concept
- Operations on process
- Process scheduling:- basic concepts, scheduling criteria, scheduling algorithms, Preemptive, Nonpreemptive, FCFS, SJF, SRTN, Priority based, Round Robin, Multilevel Queue scheduling, Operating System Examples.
- Background, the critical section problem, Peterson’s Solution, Synchronization Hardware Semaphores
- Classic problems of Synchronization:- The Producer Consumer Problem, Readers writers problem, Semaphores, Dinning Philosopher Problem.
- Deadlock Problem, Deadlock Characterization, Deadlock Prevention.
- Deadlock avoidance Banker’s algorithm for single & multiple resources, Deadlock recovery, Deadlock Detection.
400.00 Memory Management
- Memory management strategies:- background, swapping, contiguous memory allocation, paging, structure of page tables, segmentation
- Virtual memory management:- Demand paging, copyon write, Page replacement, FIFO, Optimal, LRU, LRU Approximation, Counting Based, Allocation of frames, Thrashing.
500.00 File Management
- FilesSystem Structure, File System implementation, Directory implementation, Allocation Methods contiguous allocation, linked list allocation, indexed allocations, Free space management.
- Secondary storage structures:- Disks Scheduling Algorithm: FCFS, SSTF, SCAN, CSCAN, LOOK, Disk Management.
600.00 Input Output Management
- Overview, I/O Hardware, Application I/O Interface
700.00 Case Study Of UNIX
- History of UNIX, Overview of UNIX, UNIX File System, Data structures for process/memory management, Process states and State Transitions, Using the System (Booting and login), Process scheduling, Memory management, Shell programming.
800.00 Case Study Of Linux
- History, Design Principles, Kernel Modules, Process management, Scheduling, Memory management, File Systems, Input and Output, Inter process communication, Network structure, Security.
900.00 Case Study Of Windows 7
- History, Design Principles, System components, environmental subsystems, File System, Networking, Programmer Interface.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 4 2007 to 2018
- Analysis of Algorithm 2015 to 2018
- Computer Organisation and Architecture 2009 to 2018
- Database Management Systems 2007 to 2018
- Theoretical Computer Science 2014 to 2018
- Computer Graphics 2009 to 2018
- Operating Systems 2009 to 2018
- Analysis of Algorithm and Design 2007 to 2014
- Analog and Digital Communication 2007 to 2014