University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Operating Systems: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Operating Systems syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Operating Systems Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Operating Systems Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Operating Systems in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Operating Systems Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Operating Systems and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Operating Systems Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Introduction to Operating System
- Objectives and Functions of O.S., OS Services, Special purpose systems, Types Of OS
- System Calls, types of system calls, Operating system structure, System Boot.
- Operations on process
- Process scheduling:- basic concepts, scheduling criteria, scheduling algorithms, Preemptive, Nonpreemptive, FCFS, SJF, SRTN, Priority based, Round Robin, Multilevel Queue scheduling, Operating System Examples.
- Background, the critical section problem, Peterson’s Solution, Synchronization Hardware Semaphores
- Classic problems of Synchronization:- The Producer Consumer Problem, Readers writers problem, Semaphores, Dinning Philosopher Problem.
- Deadlock Problem, Deadlock Characterization, Deadlock Prevention.
- Deadlock avoidance Banker’s algorithm for single & multiple resources, Deadlock recovery, Deadlock Detection.
- Memory management strategies:- background, swapping, contiguous memory allocation, paging, structure of page tables, segmentation
- Virtual memory management:- Demand paging, copyon write, Page replacement, FIFO, Optimal, LRU, LRU Approximation, Counting Based, Allocation of frames, Thrashing.
- FilesSystem Structure, File System implementation, Directory implementation, Allocation Methods contiguous allocation, linked list allocation, indexed allocations, Free space management.
- Secondary storage structures:- Disks Scheduling Algorithm: FCFS, SSTF, SCAN, CSCAN, LOOK, Disk Management.
- Overview, I/O Hardware, Application I/O Interface
- History of UNIX, Overview of UNIX, UNIX File System, Data structures for process/memory management, Process states and State Transitions, Using the System (Booting and login), Process scheduling, Memory management, Shell programming.
- History, Design Principles, Kernel Modules, Process management, Scheduling, Memory management, File Systems, Input and Output, Inter process communication, Network structure, Security.
- History, Design Principles, System components, environmental subsystems, File System, Networking, Programmer Interface.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Operating Systems 2009 to 2018
- Computer Networks 2007 to 2018
- Structured and Object Oriented Analysis and Design 2015 to 2018
- Microprocessors 2007 to 2018
- Theory of Computer Science 2007 to 2014
- Web Engineering 2010 to 2014
- Advanced Database Management Systems 2010 to 2018
- Environmental Studies 2010 to 2014