CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Units and Topics
|100||Introduction To Mobile Computing||-|
|200||Gsm Cellular Telephony-architecture and System Aspects||-|
|400||Third And Fourth Generation Systems||-|
|600||Wireless Local Area Networks||-|
|700||Introduction To Android||-|
|800||Security Issues In Mobile Computing||-|
100 Introduction To Mobile Computing
- Wireless Communication, Applications, Cellular Systems, Antennas, satellite system, GEO, LEO, MEO, GPRS:- Architecture, Network nodes, GPRS support nodes.
200 Gsm Cellular Telephony-architecture and System Aspects
- Introduction, Basic GSM architecture, Basic radio transmission parameters of the GSM system, Logical channel description, GSM time hierarchy, GSM burst structures, Description of the call setup procedure, Handover, Ensuring privacy and authentication of a user, Modifications and derivatives of GSM
300 Mobile Network
- Mobile IP, IP Packet Delivery, Agent Advertisement and Discovery, Registration, Tunneling and Encapsulation, Optimization, Reverse Tunneling, Mobile TCP, Fast Retransmit/Fast Recovery, Transmission/Timeout Freezing, Selective Retransmission.
400 Third And Fourth Generation Systems
- WCDMA, CDMA 2000;
- Improvements on Core Networks;
- Quality of Services in 3G;
- Wireless Local Loop;
- Wireless Local Loop Architecture;
- Deployment Issues;
- TR45 Service Description;
- Wireless Local Loop technologies.
- TETRA, UMTS and IMT2000;
- UMTS Basic Architecture, UTRA FDD mode, UTRA TDD mode, 4G Architecture, Comparison between 3G and 4G.
500 Mobility Management
- Co-channel Interference, Mobility:- Types of Handoffs; Location Management, HLRVLR scheme, Hierarchical scheme, Predictive Location management schemes, cellular IP, PSTN.
600 Wireless Local Area Networks
- Introduction, Types of WLANs, Hidden station problem
- HIPERLAN Type 1:- HIPERLAN/1 MAC sublayer, HIPERLAN/1 CAC layer, HIPERLAN/1 physical layer.
- IEEE 802.11 WLAN standards:- IEEE 802.11 physical layer, IEEE 802.11 MAC sublayer.
- IEEE 802.11 and HIPERLAN standards for 5 GHz band: HIPERLAN/2 physical layer, HIPERLAN/2 datalink control layer.
- Bluetooth:- Introduction, User Scenario, Architecture, protocol.
700 Introduction To Android
- Layers, android components, mapping application to process.
- Android development basics.
- Hardware tools, Software tools, Android SDK features
800 Security Issues In Mobile Computing
- Security Issues, Authentication, Encryption, Cryptographic Tools:- Hash, Message Authentication Code (MAC), Digital Signature, Certificate.
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL). Characteristics of SIM, Equipment Identification.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- System Programming and Compiler Construction 2007 to 2018
- Software Engineering 2015 to 2017
- Distributed Databases 2015 to 2018
- Mobile Communication and Computing 2015 to 2018
- Object Oriented Software Engineering 2007 to 2015
- Advanced Microprocessor 2010 to 2016
- Advance Computer Network 2008 to 2018