CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Microprocessors Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Microprocessors and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Introduction to Microprocessor
- Introduction to Microprocessor and Microcontroller
- Microcomputer based system elements
- Generalized block diagram of Microprocessor
- RISC & CISC CPU Architectures
- Harvard & Von-Neumann CPU architecture
- Microprocessor Programming languages
- Microcomputer System software
- Evolution of Microprocessor.
200 Architecture of Intel 8086 Microprocessor
- 8086 Architecture and organization
- Pin configuration
- Pin Functions
- Memory segmentation concept
- Minimum and Maximum modes of 8086, 8288 Bus Controller, Read and Write bus cycle of 8086, 8086 Memory organization.
300 Instruction Set and Programming of 8086
- 8086 Addressing mode
- 8086 Instruction encoding formats and instruction set
- Assembler directives
- 8086 programming and debugging of assembly language program.
400 Memory Interfacing with 8086
- Address Decoding
- Interfacing 8086 with RAM and ROM
- Comparison between Memory Mapped I/O and I/O Mapped I/O.
500 Peripherals Interfacing with 8086
- 8086 Interrupt structure
- Programmable interrupt controller 8259
- 8259 interfacing with 8086
- Programmable Peripheral Interface 8255
- 8086 interfacing with ADC
- Keyboard and seven segment display using 8255
- DMA controller 8237
- 8086 interfacing with 8237.
600 8087 Math Coprocessor
- 8087 Architecture
- Interfacing of 8086 with 8087
- 8087 Instruction set
- Assembly language Programming based on 8086-8087 system.