CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Embedded Systems
- Definition of embedded systems
- Overview of embedded systems and its classification
- Design challenges
- Processor technology
- IC technology
- Design technology and tradeoffs
- Examples of embedded systems.
200.00 Mcs-51 Microcontroller
- 8051 architecture - its variants and comparision
- Comparision of microprocessor and microcontrollers
- CPU timing and machine cycle
- Memory organisation
- SFR’s, integrated prepherials such as timers/counters
- Serial ports
- Parallel I/O ports
- Interrupt structure
- memory interfacing power saving and power down modes.
300.00 8051 Programming
- Assembly language programming process
- Programming tools
- Instruction set in detail and addressing modes
- Programming practice using assembly and C compilers.
400.00 Microcontroller Design and Interfacing Case Studies
- Interfacing with external memories
- Interfacing with 8255
- Interfacing with 7 segment display
- Interfacing with keyboard
- Interfacing with LCD
- Interfacing with ADC,DAC and Sensors
- Interfacing with stepper motor
- Interfacing with PC using RS232.
500.00 Serial Communication Protocols
- Operation of serial port
- Programming for asynchronous serial communication
- Serial Communication using the ‘I2C’,
- Introduction to USB & CAN bus.
600.00 Real Time Operating System
- Introduction to RTOS concept.
- RTOS scheduling models interrupt latency and response times of the tasks as performance metric.
- Example of any small RTOS system.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Biomedical Instrumentation -2 2011 to 2011
- Biostatistics 2011 to 2012
- Biological Modeling and Simulation 2011 to 2011
- Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems 2011 to 2011
- Medical Imaging-1 2011 to 2012
- Digital Signal Processing for Biomedical Applications 2011 to 2015