CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Microcontroller and Its Application Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Microcontroller and Its Application and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Introduction to Microcontroller
- Block diagram of generic microcontroller, Microcontroller versus microprocessor, Overview of the PIC 18 family, A brief history of PIC microcontroller, PIC 18 features and family, Internal bus structure of PIC microcontroller.
200 PIC Controller : PIC 18
- Block diagram PIC 18 microprocessor, PIC microcontroller program memory and data (File) memory organization, Special Function Register (SFR), General purpose Register (GPR), CPU registers, WREG register, Status register, BSR register, Instruction register, Program counter and program ROM, Stack pointer and Stack RAM, PIC 18 internal architecture (ALU, EEPROM, RAM, I/O port, Timer, CCP, DAC), Pipelining.
300 Pic 18 Assembly Language Programming
- Instruction format, Addressing modes, Assembler directives, Assembly language programming structure, Instruction set, Reading writing data in programme memory,
- Arithmetic and logical instructions: Writing programs to perform arithmetic and logical computations,
- Rotate instructions: Writing program to perform divide and multiplication operations, Branch instruction, Subroutine and instructions associated with it, Stack and instruction associated with it, Time delays and delay calculations.
400 PIC Programming in Assembly and C
- Timer programming for generation of time delay : Timer register, control registers, interrupt register, 16 bit and 8 bit programming,
- Counter programming to count events: Serial port programming, Basics of serial communication, Synchronous and asynchronous communication, SPBRG, TXREG, RCREG, TXSTA,RCSTA,PIR1, Interrupt programming:, Interrupt versus polling, Interrupt structure, Enabling and disabling interrupt, Programming Timer interrupt, LCD and Keyboard interfacing.
500 Parallel Ports
- I/O Addressing, Synchronization.
- Overview of the PIC18 parallel ports, Interfacing with simple output devices.
600 Input/ Output (I/O) Port Interfacing
- Interfacing matrix keyboard and 7- segment LED display, ADC Interface, Stepper Motor Interface, Dc Motor interface, Interfacing an LCD (Liquid Crystal Display).