CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Module 1
101.00 Introduction to Metrology
- Introduction to Metrology,
- Fundamental principles and definitions,
- measurement standards / primary and tertiary standards,
- distinction between precision and accuracy.
102.00 Limits, Fits and Tolerances
- Limits, fits and tolerances,
- Tolerance grades,
- Types of fits, IS919,
- GO and NO GO gauges- Taylor’s principle,
- design of GO and NO GO gauges,
- filler gauges,
- plug gauges and snap gauges.
200.00 Module 2
- Constructional features and operation of mechanical, optical,
- electrical/electronics and pneumatic comparators, advantages,
- limitations and field of applications.
202.00 Principles of Interference
- Principles of interference, concept of flatness, flatness testing, optical flats, optical interferometer and laser interferometer.
203.00 Surface Texture Measurement
- importance of surface conditions, roughness and waviness,
- surface roughness standards specifying surface roughness parameters- Ra, Ry, Rz, RMS value etc.,
- surface roughness measuring instruments – Tomlinson and Taylor Hobson versions,
- surface roughness symbols.
300.00 Module 3
301.00 Screw Thread Measurement
- Two wire and three wire methods,
- floating carriage micrometer.
302.00 Gear Measurement
- Gear tooth comparator,
- Master gears,
- measurement using rollers and Parkinson’s Tester.
303.00 Special Measuring Equipments
- Principles of measurement using Tool Maker’s microscope,
- profile projector & 3D coordinate measuring machine
400.00 Module 4
401.00 Quality Control
- Introduction, definition and concept of quality & quality control,
- set up policy and objectives of quality control,
- quality of design and quality of conformance,
- compromise between quality & cost,
- quality cost and planning for quality
500.00 Module 5
501.00 Sqc and Sqc Tools
- Importance statistical methods in QC,
- measurement of statistical control variables and attributes,
- pie charts,
- bar charts/ histograms,
- scatter diagrams,
- pareto chart,
- GANT charts,
- control charts, X chart,
- X bar charts,
- R charts,
- P charts,
- np charts their preparation,
- analysis and applications.
- Elementary treatment on modern SQC tools.
600.00 Module 6
601.00 Sampling Techniques
- Sampling inspection and basic concepts, OC curves, consumer & producer risk, single & double sampling plans and use of sampling tables.