CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Units and Topics
- Introduction to Distillation, Vapor-liquid Equilibria – At constant Pressure and At constant temperature, Minimum and maximum boiling Azeotropes.
- Methods of distillation [binary mixtures] – Flash Distillation, Differential distillation, Rectification.
- Calculations of number of ideal stages in multistage countercurrent rectification.
- McCabe Thiele Method.
- Ponchon-Savarit Method, Lewis-Sorel Method, Concepts of [Brief Discussion], Steam Distillation, Azeotropic Distillation, Extractive Distillation, Reactive Distillation, Molecular Distillation, Introduction to Multicomponent Distillation
200 Liquid-liquid Extraction
- Introduction to Liquid-Liquid Extraction
- Choice of Solvent for Liquid-Liquid Extraction
- Triangular coordinate system
- Ternary Equilibria [Binodal Solubility Curve with effect of temperature and pressure on it], Single Stage Operation, Multistage Cross Current Operation, Multistage Counter Current Operation[with and without reflux]
- Equipments for liquid-liquid extraction.
- Representation of Equilibria, Single stage leaching, Multistage Cross Current Leaching, Multistage Counter Current Leaching, Equipments for Leaching.
400 Adsorption and Ion Exchange
- Introduction to Adsorption, Types of Adsorption, Adsorption Isotherms, Single Stage Adsorption, Multistage Cross Current Adsorption, Multistage Counter Current Adsorption, Equipments for Adsorption, Ion Exchange Equilibria, Ion Exchange Equipments
- Solubility curve
- Super saturation, Method of obtaining super saturation
- Effect of heat of size and growth of crystal, Rate of Crystal growth and Ls law of crystal growth
- Material and energy balance for crystallizers, Crystallization equipment-description
600 Membrane Separation Technique
- Need of membrane separation and its advantages, classification of membrane separation process, Various membrane configurations.
- Various membrane and their applications, Ultra filtration, Nano filtration. Reverse osmosis, Pervaporation.
- Membrane distillation.