University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Mass Transfer Operations 2: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 6 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Mass Transfer Operations 2 syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Mass Transfer Operations 2 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Mass Transfer Operations 2 Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Mass Transfer Operations 2 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Mass Transfer Operations 2 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Mass Transfer Operations 2 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Mass Transfer Operations 2 Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Introduction to Distillation, Vapor-liquid Equilibria – At constant Pressure and At constant temperature, Minimum and maximum boiling Azeotropes.
- Methods of distillation [binary mixtures] – Flash Distillation, Differential distillation, Rectification.
- Calculations of number of ideal stages in multistage countercurrent rectification.
- McCabe Thiele Method.
- Ponchon-Savarit Method, Lewis-Sorel Method, Concepts of [Brief Discussion], Steam Distillation, Azeotropic Distillation, Extractive Distillation, Reactive Distillation, Molecular Distillation, Introduction to Multicomponent Distillation
- Introduction to Liquid-Liquid Extraction
- Choice of Solvent for Liquid-Liquid Extraction
- Triangular coordinate system
- Ternary Equilibria [Binodal Solubility Curve with effect of temperature and pressure on it], Single Stage Operation, Multistage Cross Current Operation, Multistage Counter Current Operation[with and without reflux]
- Equipments for liquid-liquid extraction.
- Representation of Equilibria, Single stage leaching, Multistage Cross Current Leaching, Multistage Counter Current Leaching, Equipments for Leaching.
- Introduction to Adsorption, Types of Adsorption, Adsorption Isotherms, Single Stage Adsorption, Multistage Cross Current Adsorption, Multistage Counter Current Adsorption, Equipments for Adsorption, Ion Exchange Equilibria, Ion Exchange Equipments
- Solubility curve
- Super saturation, Method of obtaining super saturation
- Effect of heat of size and growth of crystal, Rate of Crystal growth and Ls law of crystal growth
- Material and energy balance for crystallizers, Crystallization equipment-description
- Need of membrane separation and its advantages, classification of membrane separation process, Various membrane configurations.
- Various membrane and their applications, Ultra filtration, Nano filtration. Reverse osmosis, Pervaporation.
- Membrane distillation.