CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Module 1
- Mechanical Engineering Design,
- Design methods,
- Aesthetic and Ergonomics consideration in design Material properties and their uses in design Manufacturing consideration in design Design considerations of casting and forging Basic principles of Machine Design,
- Modes of failures,
- Factor of safety,
- Design stresses,
- Principal stresses and strains,
- Theories of failures Standards,
- I. S. codes, Preferred Series and Numbers.
200.00 Module 2
- Curved Beams: Assumptions made in the analysis of curved beams.
- Design of curved beams: Bending stresses in curved beams, such as crane hook, C-frame, etc.
- Thick cylinders: Design of thick cylinders subjected to an internal pressure using Lame’s equation.
300.00 Module 3
- Design against static Loads: Cotter joint, knuckle joint, Turn Buckle Bolted and welded joints under eccentric loading.
- Power Screw - Screw Presses, C- Clamps along with the Frame, Screw Jack
400.00 Module 4
- Design against Fluctuating Loads
- Variables stresses, reversed, repeated, fluctuating stresses Fatigue Failure
- Static and fatigue stress concentration factors
- Endurance limit - estimation of endurance limit
- Design for finite and infinite life
- Soderberg and Goodman design criteria
- Fatigue design under combined stresses
500.00 Module 5
- Design of shaft - power transmitting, power distribution shafts Module (excluding crank shaft) under static and fatigue criteria.
- Keys - Types of Keys and their selection based on shafting condition.
- Couplings- Classification of coupling. Design of Split muff couplings, Flange couplings, Bush pin flexible couplings
600.00 Module 6
- Design of Springs: Helical compression, tension springs under static and variable loads, Leaf springs.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Metrology and Quality Engineering 2016 to 2018
- Machine Design 1 2010 to 2018
- Mechanical Vibrations 2010 to 2018
- Thermal and Fluid Power Engineering 2015 to 2018
- Mechatronics 2010 to 2018
- Finite Element Analysis 2011 to 2018
- Internal Combustion Engines 2010 to 2014
- Hydraulic Machinery 2010 to 2014
- E-commerce and Industrial Finance 2010 to 2014