University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
- Brief introduction to fundamentals of ultimate strength theory: curved stress distribution, compressive stress block, simplified rectangular stress block as per Whitney’s approach, ultimate moment of resistance of singly reinforced section and doubly reinforced sections
- Introduction to limit state method of design as per IS 456 (latest edition): concepts of probability and reliability, characteristic loads, characteristic strength, partial safety factors for loads and materials, introduction to various limit states.
- Limit state of collapse in flexure, shear and Limit state of serviceability in deflection and cracking, design of singly and doubly reinforced rectangular and T sections for flexure, design of members in shear and bond, design of beam subjected to bending and torsion.
- Requirements governing reinforcement detailing.
- Design of one way and two way slabs
Limit state of collapse compression for short and slender column. Members subjected to combined axial and uni-axial as well as biaxial bending.
Development of interactive curves and their use in column design.
- Isolated square and rectangular footings subjected to axial load and moments.
- Design of combined rectangular pad footings, slab beam type footing and strap footing.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018