CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Fundamentals of Measuring Instruments
- Introduction Standards and Calibration, Elements of Measuring Systems, Classification of Instruments, Performance Characteristics, Errors in Measurement.
200.00 Primary Sensing Mechanisms
- Introduction, Resistive Sensing Elements, Capacitive Sensing Elements, Inductive Sensing Elements, Thermo-electric Sensing Elements, Piezo-electric Sensing Elements, Elastic Sensing Elements, Pneumatic Sensing Elements, Differential Pressure Sensing Elements, Expansion Sensing Elements.
300.00 Signal Conversion
- Signal Conditioning, Wheatstone Bridge, Potentiometer Measurement System, Signal Processing, Mechanical Amplifier, Electronic Amplifier, A/D and D/A conversion, Signal Transmission, Selection of DAQ cards.
400.00 Measuring Instruments
- Flow Measurement
- Temperature Measurement
- Level Measurement
- Pressure Measurement
500.00 Valves and Drives
- Control Valve Characteristics
- Sizing and Selection of Valves
- Variable Drives
600.00 Programmable Logic Controllers
- Ladder Logic
- Applications of PLCs to typical processes
700.00 Introduction to Safety Relief Systems
- Types of Relieving Devices, Relief Valves, Rupture Discs, Over-pressurization, Emergency De-pressurization
- Introduction to SIL Classification
- LOPA Methods
- Basic Process Control Schemes.