CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Units and Topics
100 General Liquid Wastes from Industries
- General: Liquid wastes from industries – their volumes and characteristics, Effect of disposal into natural water courses, Municipal sewers and on land, River standards and effluent standards.
200 Sampling and Analysis of Industrial Wastes
- Sampling and analysis of industrial wastes, Treatability study, good housekeeping, bioassay test, population equivalence.
300 Stream Sanitation
- Effects of industrial wastes on self-purification of streams and fish life,
- Statement and significance of the parameters of Streeter and Phelp’s equation and BOD equations,
- Deoxygenating and reaeration ,
- Oxygen sag and numericals based on this
400 General Treatment of Industrial Wastes
- Neutralization, equalization, segregation.
- Modification of conventional aerobic and anaerobic biological treatment methods.
- Dewatering and disposal of sludges – floatation, vacuum filtration, centrifugation, filter press and membrane filters
500 Detailed Consideration of Wastes Produced from Following Industries
- Manufacturing processes normally followed , Volume and effects of raw and treated effluent on streams, sewers, characteristics of effluents and land Treatment methods, reuse-recovery
- 1)Textiles: cotton
- 2)Pulp and paper:- Sulphate process
- 7) Tanneries
- 8) Refineries
600 Provision of Various Acts Pertaining to Industrial Wastes / Effluents
- Provision of various acts pertaining to industrial wastes / effluents,
- introduction to environmental impact assessment and environmental audit.
700 Common Effluent Treatment Plants
- Location, Need, Design, Operation and Maintenance Problems and Economical aspects.