University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Engineering: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Engineering syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Engineering Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Engineering Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Engineering in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Engineering Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Engineering and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Engineering Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Electric field stress, its control and estimation, Analysis of electrical field intensity in Homogenous Isotropic Single dielectric and multi dielectric system, Numerical methods-Finite difference, Finite Element and Charge simulation methods for the estimation of Electric Field Intensity, Surge voltage, their distribution and control
- Collision Processes, Ionization processes, Townsend’s current growth equation-Primary and secondary processes, Townsend’s criterion for breakdown in electronegative gases. Limitation of Townsend’s theory, Paschen’s law, Breakdown in non-uniform fields and corona discharges, Post-breakdown phenomenon and application, Practical considerations in using gas for insulation purposes.(Numerical on Townsend’s theory, Paschen’s law)
- Liquid Dielectrics, Conduction and breakdown in pure liquids, Conduction and breakdown in commercial liquids.
- Solid dielectrics, Intrinsic, Electro-mechanical and Thermal breakdown, Breakdown of solid dielectrics in practice, Breakdown of composite insulation, Properties of composite dielectrics, Solid dielectrics used in practice, Application of insulating materials in electrical power apparatus, electronic equipments.
- Generation of HV DC, HV AC and Impulse voltage,
- Generation of impulse currents, Tripping and control of impulse generators,
- Measurement of HVDC-High ohmic series resistance with micro-ammeter,
- HVAC and impulse voltage-Resistance and capacitance voltage dividers,
- Spark gap for measurement of High DC, AC and impulse voltages.
- Measurement of High DC, AC and impulse currents (Numerical based on impulse generation, high DC voltage generation, optimum number of stages ).
- Non-destructive testing of dielectric materials,
- DC resistivity measurement,
- Dielectric and loss factor measurement,
- Partial discharge measurement,
- Testing of insulators, bushing,
- isolators, circuit breakers,
- cable, transformers, high voltage motors ,
- surge diverters, Radio interference measurement
- Size and dimensions of the equipment and their layout, Classification of HV laboratory, Earthing and its importance.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009