CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Dc Transmission Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) High Voltage Dc Transmission and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Introduction to HVDC Transmission
- Early discoveries and applications, ,
- Limitation and advantages of AC and DC transmission,
- Economic factors, Classification of HVDC links,
- Components HVDC Transmission system,
- Application of DC transmission ,
- Ground Return Advantages and Problems
200 Analysis of the Bridge Rectifier
- Analysis of six pulse converter with grid control but no overlap,
- Current and phase relations, Analysis of six pulse converter with grid control and overlap less than 600 ,
- Relation between AC and DC quantities, Analysis with overlap greater than 600 ,
- Rectifier operation and inverter operation,
- Equivalent circuit of rectifier and inverter,
- Multi bridge converter,
- Numerical from converter circuits and multiple bridge converter.
- Basic means of control, Limitation of manual control, Constant current verses constant voltage control, Desired features of control, Actual control characteristics, Significance of current margin, Power reversal, Alternative Inverter Control Mode.
400 Converter Firing Control
- Control Implementation, Converter Firing Control Schemes.
500 Faults and Protection
- Malfunction of mercury arc valves, By pass valves:- transfer of current from main valves to bypass valves and back to main valves (both rectifier and inverter),
- Commutation failure: causes and analysis, double commutation failure, Protection against over current, over voltage, Surge arrester
600 Harmonics and Filters
- Characteristics Harmonics and Un-Characteristics Harmonics, Causes, Consequences, Trouble Caused by Harmonics, Means of Reducing Harmonics, Filters, AC & DC Filters.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009