CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 2 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 2 and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger Design for Liquids
- TEMA standards, Stream Analysis Method, Bell-Delaware method.
- Effect of fouling, and over-design.
200 Plate Type Heat Exchangers (PHE)
- Design methods, gasket selection, limitations and advantages PHE
- Shell and tube condensers – horizontal, vertical.
- Barometric condensers.
- Effect of non-condensible.
- Engineering problems and troubleshooting.
- Design – Kettle type reboiler, horizontal thermosyphon reboiler, vertical thermosyphon reboiler.
- Engineering problems and trouble shooting.
500 Furnace Design
- Radiant section, convection section.
- Box type furnace.
- Methods of Lobo and Evans.
- Method of Wilson, Lobo and Hottel.
600 Introduction to Heat Exchanger Design Using Softwares
- HETRAN, HTRI, TEAMS, etc.