University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 1: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 1 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 1 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 1 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 1 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 1 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 1 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Heat Transfer Operations 1 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Fundamentals of heat transfer, basic modes of heat transfer.
- Concept of driving force and heat transfer coefficients, rate expressions for three modes i.e. conduction, convection, radiation
- Fourier’s Law, thermal conductivity, conduction through a flat slab, composite slab, conduction through a cylinder, composite cylinder, conduction through sphere, composite sphere.
- Critical radius of insulation.
- Concept of thermal resistance, fouling factors, Wilson plot, calculation of overall heat transfer coefficients.
- Lumped Parameter Analysis -systems with negligible internal resistance.
- Biot number, Fourier number, Heating a body under conditions of negligible surface resistance, heating a body with finite surface and internal resistance, heat transfer to a semi-infinite wall.
- Fundamental considerations in convective heat transfer, significant parameters in convective heat transfer such as momentum diffusivity, thermal diffusivity, Prandtl number, Nusselt number, dimensional analysis of convective heat transfer-Natural and Forced convection, convective heat transfer correlations for internal and external flows, equivalent diameter for heat transfer, estimation of wall temperature, correlations for heat transfer by natural convection from hot surfaces of different geometries and inclination.
- Introduction, types of condensation, Nusselt’s theory of condensation, correlations for vertical and horizontal tube, plate, for stack of tubes etc.
- Heat transfer to boiling liquids, regimes of pool boiling of saturated liquid, correlations for estimating the boiling heat transfer coefficients.
- Properties of steam.
- Steam generation by utilizing process waste heat, efficient use of steam in plant.
- Longitudinal, transverse and radial fins, calculations with different boundary conditions, efficiency and effectiveness of fin, calculation of rate of heat transfer.
- Classification and types of heat exchangers, Double pipe heat exchanger, calculation of LMTD, effectiveness NTU method.
- Introduction to Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger.
- Heat transfer in agitated vesse
- Emissivity, absorptivity, black body, grey body, opaque body, Stephan Boltzmann law, Kirchoff’s law.
- Equations for rate of heat transfer by radiation for various cases.
- Basic unsteady state radiation heat transfer.