CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Ground water utilization and historical background, ground water in hydrologic cycle, ground water budget, ground water level fluctuations and environmental influence, literature/ data/ internet resources
200.00 Occurrence and Movement of Ground Water
- Origin and age of ground water, rock properties affecting groundwater, groundwater column, zones of aeration and saturation, aquifers and their characteristics/classification, groundwater basins and springs.
- Darcy's Law, permeability and its determination, Dupuit assumptions, heterogeneity and anisotropy.
- Ground water flow rates and flow directions, general flow equations through porous media
300.00 Advanced Well Hydraulics
- Steady /unsteady, uniform / radial flow to a well in a confined/ unconfined /leaky aquifer, well flow near aquifer boundaries/ for special conditions.
- Partially penetrating/horizontal wells and multiple well systems, well completion/ development/ protection/ rehabilitation/ testing for yield.
400.00 Pollution and Quality Analysis of Ground Water
- Municipal /industrial /agricultural /miscellaneous sources and causes of pollution, attenuation/underground distribution / potential evaluation of pollution.
- Physical /chemical /biological analysis of groundwater quality, criteria and measures of ground water quality, ground water salinity and samples, graphical representations of ground water quality.
500.00 Surface/ Sub-surface Investigation of Ground Water
- Geological /geophysical exploration/ remote sensing / electric resistivity /seismic refraction based methods for surface investigation of groundwater, test drilling and ground water level measurement.
- Sub-surface ground water investigation through geophysical / resistivity /spontaneous potential/radiation / temperature / caliper / fluid conductivity.
600.00 Artificial Ground Water Recharge
- Concept and methods of artificial ground water recharge, recharge mounds and induced recharge, wastewater recharge for reuse, water spreading.
700.00 Saline Water Intrusion in Aquifers
- Ghyben-Herzberg relation between fresh and saline waters, shape and structure of the fresh and saline water interface.
- Upcoming of saline water, fresh-saline water relations on oceanic islands, seawater intrusion in Karst terrains, saline water intrusion control.
800.00 Modeling and Management of Ground Water
- Ground water modeling through porous media/analog / electric analog / digital computer models.
- Ground water basin management concept, hydrologic equilibrium equation, conjunctive use of surface and ground water, ground water basin investigations, data collection and field work, dynamic equilibrium in natural aquifers.
- Management potential and safe yield of aquifers, streamaquifer interaction.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018