University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Ground Water Hydrology: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Ground Water Hydrology syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Ground Water Hydrology Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Ground Water Hydrology Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Ground Water Hydrology in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Ground Water Hydrology Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Ground Water Hydrology and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Ground Water Hydrology Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Ground water utilization and historical background, ground water in hydrologic cycle, ground water budget, ground water level fluctuations and environmental influence, literature/ data/ internet resources
- Origin and age of ground water, rock properties affecting groundwater, groundwater column, zones of aeration and saturation, aquifers and their characteristics/classification, groundwater basins and springs.
- Darcy's Law, permeability and its determination, Dupuit assumptions, heterogeneity and anisotropy.
- Ground water flow rates and flow directions, general flow equations through porous media
- Steady /unsteady, uniform / radial flow to a well in a confined/ unconfined /leaky aquifer, well flow near aquifer boundaries/ for special conditions.
- Partially penetrating/horizontal wells and multiple well systems, well completion/ development/ protection/ rehabilitation/ testing for yield.
- Municipal /industrial /agricultural /miscellaneous sources and causes of pollution, attenuation/underground distribution / potential evaluation of pollution.
- Physical /chemical /biological analysis of groundwater quality, criteria and measures of ground water quality, ground water salinity and samples, graphical representations of ground water quality.
- Geological /geophysical exploration/ remote sensing / electric resistivity /seismic refraction based methods for surface investigation of groundwater, test drilling and ground water level measurement.
- Sub-surface ground water investigation through geophysical / resistivity /spontaneous potential/radiation / temperature / caliper / fluid conductivity.
- Concept and methods of artificial ground water recharge, recharge mounds and induced recharge, wastewater recharge for reuse, water spreading.
- Ghyben-Herzberg relation between fresh and saline waters, shape and structure of the fresh and saline water interface.
- Upcoming of saline water, fresh-saline water relations on oceanic islands, seawater intrusion in Karst terrains, saline water intrusion control.
- Ground water modeling through porous media/analog / electric analog / digital computer models.
- Ground water basin management concept, hydrologic equilibrium equation, conjunctive use of surface and ground water, ground water basin investigations, data collection and field work, dynamic equilibrium in natural aquifers.
- Management potential and safe yield of aquifers, streamaquifer interaction.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018