CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introductionto GIS
- Definition,sources of data, types of data, concept of space and time in GIS, spatial information theory, history of GIS, elements of GIS,objectives of GIS, hardware and software requirements of GIS, application of GIS.
200.00 Data Models of Spatial Information
- Layers and coverage, conceptual models of spatial information,
- representation of spatial data models in computer: raster and vector models, comparative overview between raster and vector models.
300.00 Data Models of Non-spatial Information
- Database management systems, hierarchical structure, network structure,relational structure.
400.00 Digitizing, Editing and structuring of map data
- Digitizing: manual,semiautomatic and automatic,
- editing:error detection and correction,tolerances , topology creation. attribute map generation.
500.00 Digital Elevation Model
- Need of DEM,Various structures of DEM: line, TIN, grid.
600.00 Application of Remote Sensing and GIS
- Forest resource management, agriculture and soil management, water resource management, landuseand land suitability. disaster management.