CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Module 1 Introduction to Food Technology
- Constituents of food, contribution to texture, flavour and organoleptic properties of food;
- food additives coloring agents, emulsifiers, preservatives, flavours, vitamins, organic acids and their functions;
- enzymes in food processing
200.00 Module 2 Microorganisms
- Sources and activity of microorganisms associated with food;
- Factors affecting the growth and survival of micro-organisms in foods- intrinsic and extrinsic;
- Food borne diseases infections and intoxications, food spoilage causes.
- Microbial food- yeasts, bacteria and production of new protein foods - SCP, mushroom, algal proteins
300.00 Module 3 Microbial Fermentation and Production of Food and Beverages Using Microorganisms
- Pickling, Sauerkraut, vinegar, bread.
- Dairy product- Yogurt, cheese production by microbial and enzymatic(proteases) method.
- Alcoholic beveragesBeer (deoxygenating and desugaring by glucose oxidase of beer, beer mashing and chill proofing), Wine (red, white, sparkling)
400.00 Module 4 Preparation of Food
- Fermentation methods for preserving foods
- Preparation of various food additives like coloring agents, emulsifiers, vitamins, flavours and organic acids
500.00 Module 5 Food Preservation
- Post Harvest technology for food crops.
- Food preservation high temperature methods, low temperature methods, irradiation, high pressure method and chemical preservatives.
- Production of Fruit juices and types of Fruit juices
600.00 Module 6 Food Packaging
- Food Packaging methods
- Materials used for food packaging of various food products like cheese, eggs, bread, alcoholic beverages, milk and juices