University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Food Biotechnology: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Food Biotechnology syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Food Biotechnology Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Food Biotechnology Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Food Biotechnology in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Food Biotechnology Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Food Biotechnology and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Food Biotechnology Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Constituents of food, contribution to texture, flavour and organoleptic properties of food;
- food additives coloring agents, emulsifiers, preservatives, flavours, vitamins, organic acids and their functions;
- enzymes in food processing
- Sources and activity of microorganisms associated with food;
- Factors affecting the growth and survival of micro-organisms in foods- intrinsic and extrinsic;
- Food borne diseases infections and intoxications, food spoilage causes.
- Microbial food- yeasts, bacteria and production of new protein foods - SCP, mushroom, algal proteins
- Pickling, Sauerkraut, vinegar, bread.
- Dairy product- Yogurt, cheese production by microbial and enzymatic(proteases) method.
- Alcoholic beveragesBeer (deoxygenating and desugaring by glucose oxidase of beer, beer mashing and chill proofing), Wine (red, white, sparkling)
- Fermentation methods for preserving foods
- Preparation of various food additives like coloring agents, emulsifiers, vitamins, flavours and organic acids
- Post Harvest technology for food crops.
- Food preservation high temperature methods, low temperature methods, irradiation, high pressure method and chemical preservatives.
- Production of Fruit juices and types of Fruit juices
- Food Packaging methods
- Materials used for food packaging of various food products like cheese, eggs, bread, alcoholic beverages, milk and juices