CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Facts Concepts and General System Considerations
- Transmission Interconnections, Flow of Power in AC system, What Limits the Loading Capability, Power Flow and Dynamic Stability Considerations of a Transmission Interconnection, Relative Importance of controllable Parameters, Basic Types of FACTS Controllers, Brief Description and Definitions, Benefits from FACTS Technology.
200.00 Load Compensation
- Objectives in load compensation, ideal compensator, Practical considerations, Power factor correction and Voltage Regulation in single phase systems, Approximate reactive power characteristics with example, Load compensator as a voltage regulator, Phase balancing and power factor correction of unsymmetrical loads.
300.00 Static Shunt Compensators
- Objectives of shunt compensation, Methods of controllable VAR generation, Variable impedance type static Var generator(TCR,TSR,TSC,FC-TCR), Switching converter type Var generators, basic operating principle
400.00 Static series compensation
- Objectives of series compensation- Variable impedance type series compensation(only TSSC) , Switching converter type series compensation(only SSSC).
500.00 Static Voltage and Phase Angle Regulators
- Objectives of voltage and phase angle regulators- TCVR and TCPAR, Switching converter based voltage and phase angle regulators.
600.00 Unified Power Flow Controller (UPFC)
- Basic operating principle, Conventional transmission control capabilities.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Drives and Control 2007 to 2009