CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Environmental Engineering 2 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Environmental Engineering 2 and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Sewage Generation, Collection and Conveyance
- Need for sewerage system, Domestic sewage, Industrial waste and Storm Water- Quantification and design.
- Definitions: sewage, sullage, sewerage, Conservancy and water carriage system Systems of sewerage and their layouts : Separate, Combined and partially combined system, Merits and demerits ,Patterns of sewerage layout, Quantity of sewage, dry weather flow
102 Conveyance of Sewage
- Sewer: Shapes and materials of sewers, open drains, Design of sewers: SEWER SIZE, Determination of velocity of flow using empirical formulae, limiting velocities.
- Laying and testing of sewers Sewer joints, Sewer appurtenances, Ventilation of sewers.
- Construction and Maintenance of sewers. Pumping of sewage: Types, selection of pumps, Pumping station
200 Primary Treatment of Sewage
- Need for Analysis, Characteristics of sewage: Composition, Biochemical characteristics, aerobic decomposition, anaerobic decomposition, Sampling of sewage, Analysis of sewage.
- Treatment processes: Objective, methods of treatment, flow sheets showing Preliminary, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary treatment.
- Screens, Grit chamber, Primary and secondary clarifier. Design of primary treatment units.
300 Secondary Treatment Methods
- Principles, Trickling filter, Activated sludge process, recirculation, hydraulic design of trickling filter and activated sludge process, Sludge volume index, Operational problems in trickling filter and activated sludge process, Aerated lagoons, Rotating Biological contractors, Stabilization Ponds, UASB . Design of secondary treatment units.
- Sludge treatment and disposal:
- Sludge Digestion: Principles of anaerobic digestion, quantity and characterization of sludge, design of sludge digestion tanks, disposal of digested sludge, drying beds.
- Sewage disposal : Discharge of Raw and treated sewage on land and water, standards for disposal.
- Self-purification of natural water bodies: Oxygen economy, Numericals on BOD, Sewage farming. Disposal of treated effluent
400 Reclamation and Reuse of Waste Water
- Tertiary treatment for removal of residual organics, removal of nutrients, recycling and reuse of wastewater.
500 House Drainage and Environmental Sanitation
- Plumbing : basic principles, Plumbing regulations, preliminary data for design, Preparation and submission of plans, Plumbing fixtures , materials used for plumbing system, systems of plumbing, antisiphonic and vent pipes.
- Low cost sanitation: Septic tanks, Imhoff tanks- Principles, Operation and suitability, Design.
600 Environmental Pollution
- Air-Composition and properties of air, Quantification of air pollutants,Monitoring of air pollutants, Air pollution- Occupational hazards, Urban air pollution automobile pollution, Chemistry of combustion, Automobile engines, quality of fuel,operating conditions and interrelationship.
- Air quality standards, Control measures for Air pollution, construction and limitations, Noise-Basic concept, measurement and various control methods. Thermal pollution
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Environmental Engineering 2 2007 to 2018
- Limit State Method for Reinforced Concrete Structures 2011 to 2018
- Irrigation Engineering 2008 to 2018
- Quantity Survey Estimation and Valuation 2007 to 2018
- Construction Engineering 2008 to 2018