CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introduction to Computational Technologies
- Review of computation technologies (ARM, RISC, CISC, PLD, SOC), architecture, event managers, hardware multipliers, pipelining.
- Hardware/Software co-design.
- Embedded systems architecture and design process.
200.00 Program Design and Analysis
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE), assembler, linking and loading.
- Program-level performance analysis and optimization, energy and power analysis and program size optimization, program validation and testing.
- Embedded Linux, kernel architecture, GNU cross platform tool chain.
- Programming with Linux environment.
300.00 Process Models and Product Development Life Cycle Management
- State machine models:- finite-state machines (FSM), finite-state machines with data-path model (FSMD), hierarchical/concurrent state machine model (HCFSM), program-state machine model (PSM), concurrent process model.
- Unified Modeling Language (UML), applications of UML in embedded systems.
- IP-cores, design process model.
- Hardware software co-design, embedded product development life cycle management.
400.00 High Performance 32-bit RISC Architecture
- ARM processor family, ARM architecture, instruction set, addressing modes, operating modes, interrupt structure, and internal peripherals.
- ARM coprocessors, ARM Cortex-M3.
500.00 Processes and Operating Systems
- Introduction to Embedded Operating System, multiple tasks and multiple processes.
- Multi rate systems, preemptive real-time operating systems, priority-based scheduling, inter-process communication mechanisms.
- Operating system performance and optimization strategies.
- Examples of real-time operating systems.
600.00 Real-time Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Introduction to Real-time simulation, numerical solution of the mathematical model of physical system.
- DSP on ARM, SIMD techniques.
- Correlation, Convolution, DFT, FIR filter and IIR Filter implementation on ARM.
- Open Multimedia Applications Platform (OMAP)
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Software Architecture 2011 to 2018
- Multimedia System Design 2011 to 2015
- Distributed Computing 2010 to 2016
- Data Warehousing and Mining 2010 to 2018
- Human Machine Interaction 2016 to 2018
- Parallel and Distributed Systems 2016 to 2018