University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Elements of Power System: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 4 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Elements of Power System syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Elements of Power System Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Elements of Power System Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Elements of Power System in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Elements of Power System Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Elements of Power System and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Elements of Power System Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
|CC||Transmission Line Parameters|
|CCC||Performance of Transmission Line|
|301||Representation of Power System Components|
|302||Transmission Line Model|
|CD||Overhead Transmission Line|
|401||Mechanical Design of Transmission Line|
|402||Overhead Line Insulators|
|DC||Grounding and Safety Techniques|
- Typical AC supply system, comparison between DC and AC supply system, choice of working voltage for transmission and distribution.
- Resistance, skin effect and proximity effect.
- Definition of inductance, inductance of single phase two wire line, conductor types, bundled conductors. Inductance of composite conductor, single circuit three phase line, double circuit three phase line.
- Potential difference between two conductors of a group of parallel conductors, capacitance of a two wire line, three phase line with equilateral spacing, three phase line with unsymmetrical spacing earth effect on transmission line capacitance, bundled conductors, method of GMD.
- Single phase solution of balanced three phase networks. One line diagram, impedance and reactance diagram. Per unit (p.u.) system, per unit impedance diagram, representation of loads.
- Short, medium, and long line model. Equivalent circuit of a long line. Ferranti effect. Tuned power lines, surge impedance loading, power flow through transmission lines (Numerical compulsory).
- Components of overhead lines, types of towers- A type, B type, C type, D type and double circuit tower, cross arms, conductor configuration, spacing and clearance span lengths, sag and tension (Numerical compulsory).
- Types of insulators. String efficiency, methods of equalizing potential (Numerical compulsory)
- General construction, types of cable- PVC insulated, XLPE, Paper impregnated, mineral insulated, insulation resistance of single core cable, capacitance of single core cable, grading of cable, selection of cable.
- Comparison between overhead line transmission with underground cabling system
- Measurement of earth resistance. Soil resistivity, tolerable limits of body currents, tolerable step and touch voltage, actual step and touch voltage, measurement of tower footing resistance, counterpoise methods of neutral grounding, grounding practices.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Elements of Power System 2009 to 2014
- Applied Mathematics 4 2007 to 2018
- Electrical Machines 1 2007 to 2014
- Signal Processing 2010 to 2014
- Analog and Digital Integrated Circuits 2007 to 2014
- Numerical Methods and Optimization Techniques 2010 to 2014