CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Electronic Instruments and Control Systems Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 4 (SE Second Year) Electronic Instruments and Control Systems and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Electronic and Digital Voltmeter
- Principle of Operation: Ammeter, Voltmeter and Ohmmeter, Advantages of EVM over Conventional type Analog Voltmeter.
- Factors involved in selection of Voltmeter.
- FET Voltmeter
- Peak and Average Responding voltmeter
- True RMS responding voltmeter.
- Digital to Analog Converter: Binary weighted and R-2R ladder.
- Analog to digital converter: Ramp type, Dual Slope type, Successive Approximation type ADC, ADC 0808.
- DVM: Ramp type, Dual Slope type, Successive Approximation type, Flash type DVM.
- Resolution & Sensitivity.
- Multimeter: Working, Specifications.
200 Frequency Meter, Phase Meter and Function Generator
- Digital frequency meter with various applications.
- Digital Phase meter: Block diagram and working.
- Signal Generator: Block diagram, Specifications.
- Function Generator: Block diagram and working, Specifications.
- Block Diagram of C.R.O (in details).
- Requirements of Time base
- Delayed Time Base
- Post deflection acceleration, triggering.
- Description of Panel Layout and working of controls.
- Specifications of CRO.
- Applications: Measurement of voltage, current.
- Measurement of phase and frequency - Lissajous Patterns, Intensity modulation, Velocity modulation.
- Component testing.
- Types: Dual trace, Dual beam, Sampling, Analog Storage, Digital Storage, Digital readout oscilloscope – Block diagram, working, applications and comparison.
400 Introduction to Control Systems
- Basic concepts of control systems
- Open loop and closed loop systems
- Difference between open loop and closed loop systems
- Mathematical model of physical systems
- Transfer function
- Block diagram algebra
- Signal flow graph (SFG)
- Masoin's gain formula
- Application of SFG to control systems.
500 Time Domain Analysis
- Standard test signals: Step, ramp, parabolic and impulse signals.
- Time response of 1st order systems to unit step and unit ramp inputs.
- Time response of 2nd order to unit step input.
- Time response specifications.
- Steady state errors and error constants of different types of control systems Generalized error series method Transient Response.
600 Concepts of Stability
- Necessary conditions of stability
- Hurwitz stability criterion
- Routh stability criterion
- Application of routh stability criterion to linear feed back systems
- Relative stability.
- Root locus techniques : Root locus concepts, rules for construction of root loci, determination of root locus, root contours.
- Frequency domain analysis: Introduction, bode plots, determination of stability from Bode plots, Nyquist stability criterion.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 4 2007 to 2018
- Electronic Circuits and Design -2 2009 to 2012
- Logic Circuits 2009 to 2012
- Electronic Instruments and Control Systems 2009 to 2012
- Transducers in Biomedical Instrumentation 2009 to 2012
- Signals and Systems 2011 to 2012