CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Construction Principle of operation and application of special diode – 1) Zener, 2) LED, 3) Schottky, 4) Photodoide.
- Full Wave Rectifier and Filter Analysis: specification of the devices and components required for C, LC, CLC & RC filter
200.00 Bipolar Junction Transistor
- Biasing Circuits: Types, dc circuit analysis, load line, thermal runaway, stability factor analysis, thermal stabilization and compensation.
- Modeling: Small signal analysis of CE configurations with different biasing network using h-parameter model. Introduction to re-model and hybrid-pi model.
- Amplification. Derivation of expression for voltage gain, current gain, input impedance and output impedance of CC, CB, CE amplifiers, Study of frequency response of BJT amplifier.
300.00 Field Effect Transistor
- JFET and MOSFET: Types, construction and their characteristics, Biasing circuits for FET amplifiers, FET small signal analysis, derivation of expressions for voltage gain and output impedance of CS amplifiers.
- MOSFET- Types, construction and their characteristics.
400.00 Feedback Amplifier and Cascade Amplifiers
- Introduction to positive and negative feedback, negative feedback -current, voltage, Series and Shunt type. It’s effect on input impedance, output impedance, voltage gain, current gain and bandwidth
- Cascade amplifiers: Types of coupling, effect of coupling on performance of BJT and JFET amplifiers, cascade connection, Darlington-pair.
500.00 Dc and Ac Analysis of Differential Amplifier
- single and dual inputs and balanced and unbalanced outputs using BJT.
- FET differential amplifier.
- Positive feedback oscillators, frequency of oscillation and condition for sustained oscillations of a) RC phase shift, b)Wien bridge, c)Hartley/ Colpitts with derivations, crystal Oscillator, UJT relaxation oscillator.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2006 to 2018
- Conventional and Nonconventional Power Generation 2014 to 2014
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements 2014 to 2017
- Power Plant Engineering 2009 to 2011
- Numerical Techniques 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Measurements and Measuring Instruments 2007 to 2013
- Basic Electronics 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Networks 2009 to 2013