CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Feedback and Stability
- Introduction to Feedback, Basic Feedback Concepts.
- Ideal Close-Loop Gain, Gain Sensitivity Bandwidth Extension, Noise Sensitivity, Reduction of Non-Linear Distortion.
- Ideal Feedback Topologies, Series-Shunt, Shunt-Series, Series-Series, ShuntShunt Configurations, Voltage (Series-Shunt) Amplifiers, Current (ShuntSeries) Amplifiers, Trans-Conductance (Series-Series) Amplifiers, TransResistance (Shunt-Shunt) Amplifiers, Stability of Feedback Circuit.
200.00 Output Stage and Power Amplifiers
- Classes of Power amplifiers, Class-A Operation, Class-B operation, Class AB Operation, Class C Operation.
- Analysis of: Class-A Power Amplifiers (Direct coupled and Transformer coupled), Class-B Power Amplifiers, Class-AB Push Pull and Complementary Symmetry Power amplifier.
- Power amplifier design.
- Heat Sinks, design of Heat Sinks.
300.00 Differential Amplifiers
- Basic Concept, characteristics.
- Types: Dual Input Balanced Output, Dual Input Unbalanced Output, Single Input Balanced Output And Single Input Unbalanced Output.
- Common mode and Differential mode analysis - DC and AC analysis.
- Differential amplifiers with Swamping Resistor.
- Constant current source, current mirror circuits and active loads.
400.00 Operational Amplifier Circuit Design
- Introduction to an Ideal Operational Amplifier , Operational Amplifier internal circuit, Block Diagram, DC Characteristics, AC Characteristics and equivalent circuit of Op-amp.
- Op-amp IC 741 characteristics and its features (Ideal and Practical), Open loop, closed loop concept, frequency response and concept of virtual ground.
- Modes of operation: Inverting, Non-inverting, Differential mode.
500.00 Operational Amplifiers Applications
501.00 Applications Without Using Any Feedback
- Voltage comparators (Inverting and Non- inverting) and Window detectors, zero detector.
502.00 Applications Using Negative Feedback
- Adder, Subtractor/differential Amplifier
- Voltage follower
- Integrator (practical and Ideal)
- Differentiator (practical and Ideal)
- Instrumentation amplifier
- Voltage to Current and Current to Voltage converters
- Precision diodes
- Active Half wave rectifiers
- Active Full wave rectifier
- Log and Antilog amplifiers
- Sample & hold circuits
- Peak detector
- Negative Impedance convertor
- Multipliers and Dividers.
- Isolation Amplifier
- Operational Transconductance Amplifiers.
503.00 Applications Using Positive Feedback (Waveform Generators)
- Schmitt Trigger (Regenerative comparator)
- Square wave generator (Astable Multivibrator)
- Monostable Multivibrator
- Triangular wave generator
- Saw tooth wave generator
- Sine wave Generator (Oscillators).
600.00 Oscillators Using Op-amp
- Concepts of Oscillation. Barkhausen‘s criteria for an oscillator.
- Types of oscillators: RC Phase shift Oscillator, Wien Bridge oscillator, Colpitt‘s Oscillator, Hartley Oscillator, Crystal Oscillator, Clapp Oscillator, Twin T oscillator, Tuned collector oscillator.
- (Phase shift, Frequency of oscillation, condition of sustained oscillation, circuit operation and Amplitude stability in the above oscillators).
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 4 2007 to 2018
- Electronic Circuits and Design -2 2009 to 2012
- Logic Circuits 2009 to 2012
- Electronic Instruments and Control Systems 2009 to 2012
- Transducers in Biomedical Instrumentation 2009 to 2012
- Signals and Systems 2011 to 2012