University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electromagnetic Fields and Waves: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electromagnetic Fields and Waves syllabus for the academic year 2022-2023 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electromagnetic Fields and Waves Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electromagnetic Fields and Waves Syllabus pdf 2022-2023. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electromagnetic Fields and Waves in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electromagnetic Fields and Waves Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electromagnetic Fields and Waves and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electromagnetic Fields and Waves Course Structure 2022-2023 With Marking Scheme
- Introduction to Co-ordinate System – Rectangular – Cylindrical and Spherical Co-ordinate System – Introduction to line, Surface and Volume Integrals – Definition of Curl, Divergence and Gradient .
- Coulomb’s Law in Vector Form – Definition of Electric Field Intensity – Principle of Superposition – Electric Field due to discrete charges, Electric field due to continuous charge distribution - Electric Field due to line charge– Electric Field on the axis of a uniformly charged circular disc – Electric Field due to an infinite uniformly charged sheet.
- Electric Scalar Potential – Relationship between potential and electric field - Potential due to infinite uniformly charged line – Potential due to electrical dipole - Electric Flux Density – Gauss Law Introduce applications of electrostatic fields – electrostatic discharge, high dielectric constant material.
- The Biot-Savart’s Law in vector form – Magnetic Field intensity due to a finite and infinite wire carrying a current I – Magnetic field intensity on the axis of a circular and rectangular loop carrying a current I – Ampere’s circuital law and simple applications.
- Magnetic flux density – The Lorentz force equation for a moving charge and applications – Force on a wire carrying a current I placed in a magnetic field – Torque on a loop carrying a current I – Magnetic moment – Magnetic Vector Potential.
- Poisson’s and Laplace’s equation – Electric Polarization-Nature of dielectric materials- Definition of Capacitance – Capacitance of various geometries using Laplace’s equation – Electrostatic energy and energy density – Boundary conditions for electric fields – Electric current – Current density – point form of ohm’s law – continuity equation for current.
- Definition of Inductance – Inductance of loops and solenoids – Definition of mutual inductance – simple examples. Energy density in magnetic fields –magnetic boundary conditions.
- Estimation and control of electric stress- control of stress at an electrode edge
- Faraday’s law – Maxwell’s Second Equation in integral form from Faraday’s Law – Equation expressed in point form.
- Displacement current – Ampere’s circuital law in integral form – Modified form of Ampere’s circuital law as Maxwell’s first equation in integral form – Equation expressed in point form.
- Maxwell’s four equations in integral form and differential form.
- Derivation of Wave Equation – Uniform Plane Waves – Maxwell’s equation in phasor form, Wave equation in Phasor form – Plane waves in free space and in a homogenous material.
- Wave equation for a conducting medium, plane waves in lossy dielectrics, propagation in good conductors.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Machines 2 2008 to 2013
- Communication Engineering 2010 to 2013
- Power Electronics 2010 to 2013
- Power System Analysis 2010 to 2013
- Environmental Studies 2010 to 2014