CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Network Theorems
- Solution of network using dependent sources, mesh analysis, super mesh analysis, nodal analysis, super node analysis, source transformation and source shifting, superposition theorem, Thevenin’s theorems and Norton’s theorem, maximum power transfer theorem.
- Solution of network with A.C. sources: magnetic coupling, mesh analysis, nodal analysis, superposition theorem, Thevenin’s theorems, Norton’s theorem, maximum power transfer theorem, Tellegen’s theorem, Millman’s theorem, reciprocity theorem
200.00 Graph Theory and Network Topology
- Introduction, graph of network, tree, co-tree, loop incidence matrix, cut set matrix, tie set matrix and loop current, number of possible tree of a graph, analysis of network equilibrium equation, duality.
300.00 First Order and Second Order Differential Equations
- Initial condition of networks, General and partial solutions, time constant, integrating factor, more complicated network, geometrical interpretation of derivative.
400.00 The Laplace Transform
- The Laplace transform and its application to network analysis, transient and steady state response to step, ramp, impulse and sinusoidal input function, transform of other signal waveform, shifted step, ramp and impulse function, waveform synthesis.
500.00 Network Functions; Poles and Zeros
- Network functions for one port and two port networks, Driving point and transfer functions, ladder network, General network, poles and zeros of network functions, restrictions on Pole and zero locations for driving point functions and Transfer functions, time domain behavior from pole - zero plot.
- Two port parameters Open circuit, short circuit, transmission and hybrid Parameters, relationships between parameter sets, reciprocity and symmetry conditions, parallel connection of two port networks
600.00 Network Synthesis
- Concept of stability, Hurwitz polynomials, Properties and testing of positive real functions, Driving point synthesis of LC, RC, RL network.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2006 to 2018
- Conventional and Nonconventional Power Generation 2014 to 2014
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements 2014 to 2017
- Power Plant Engineering 2009 to 2011
- Numerical Techniques 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Measurements and Measuring Instruments 2007 to 2013
- Basic Electronics 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Networks 2009 to 2013