CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Synchronous Generator
- Construction, Emf induced in ac winding, winding factors, armature reaction, phasor diagram, OC and SC test, voltage regulation by EMF, MMF, ZPF, ASA, Saturated synchronous reactance method, power flow and maximum power conditions, parallel operation, effect of changing mechanical torque, effect of changing excitation, effect of excitation on alternator connected to infinite bus.
200.00 Salient Pole Synchronous Generators
- Blondel’s two reaction theory, power angle characteristics, synchronizing power and torque.
300.00 Synchronous Motor
- Principle of operation, phasor diagram, power flow and maximum power conditions, excitation circles, power circles, V curves and O curves, power factor control (Effect of change in excitation on power factor), Hunting, Dampers, Starting methods, Starting against high torques, Measurement of Xd and Xq.
400.00 Theory of Synchronous Machine
- The ideal synchronous machine, synchronous machine Inductances, Transformation to Direct and Quadrature axis variables, Basic machine relations in dq0 variables, Steady state Analysis.
500.00 Theory of Induction Machine
- The ideal Induction machine, Transformation to d-q variables, Basic machine relations in d-q variables, Steady state Analysis.
600.00 Sequence Reactance of Synchronous Generator (Only for Practical)
- Measurement of positive, negative and zero sequence reactance of Synchronous generator.