University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electrical Machines 2: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 5 (TE Third Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electrical Machines 2 syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electrical Machines 2 Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electrical Machines 2 Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electrical Machines 2 in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electrical Machines 2 Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electrical Machines 2 and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 5 (TE Third Year) Electrical Machines 2 Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Construction, Three phase transformer connections and phasor groups.
- Parallel operation, Excitation Phenomenon in transformers, Harmonics in three phase transformers, Disadvantages of harmonics in transformers, Suppression of harmonics, Oscillating neutral phenomenon, Switching in transient phenomenon, Open delta or V- connection, Three phase to two phase conversion (Scott connection).
- Construction, Principle of operation, Rotor frequency, Rotor emf, Current and Power, Induction motor phasor diagram, Analysis of Equivalent circuit, Torque-speed characteristics in braking, motoring and generating regions, Effect of voltage and frequency variations on Induction motor performance, Losses and efficiency, Power stages, No load and block rotor test, Circle diagram, Applications of 3Φ IM.
- Speed control methods including V/f method (excluding Slip power recovery scheme),
- Starting methods,
- High torque motors,
- Cogging and crawling,
- Basic principle of Induction Generator
- Principle of operation,
- Double field revolving theory,
- Equivalent circuit of single phase induction motor,
- Determination of equivalent circuit parameters from no load and block rotor test.
- Staring methods, Split phase starting- Resistance spilt phase, capacitor split phase,
- capacitor start and run, shaded pole starting,
- Reluctance starting. Calculation of capacitor at starting.
- Applications of 1ɸ IM
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Machines 2 2008 to 2013
- Communication Engineering 2010 to 2013
- Power Electronics 2010 to 2013
- Power System Analysis 2010 to 2013
- Environmental Studies 2010 to 2014