CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Introduction to machine design, Magnetic, Electrical,
- Conducting and Insulating materials used in machines.
200.00 Design of Single Phase and Three Phase Transformers
- Review on construction and parts of transformer, Output equation, Main Dimensions, Specific electric and magnetic loadings, Design of core, Selection of the type of winding, Design of LV and HV windings, Design of insulation
300.00 Performance Measurement of Transformers
- Resistance and leakage reactance of the winding, Mechanical forces, No load current; Cooling of transformers – design of cooling tank and tubes/ radiators, IS: 1180, IS: 2026.
400.00 Design of Three Phase Induction Motors
- Output equation,
- Choice of specific electric and magnetic loadings,
- Standard frames,
- Main dimensions,
- Design of stator and rotor windings,
- Stator and rotor slots,
- Design of stator core,
- air gap, Design of squirrel cage rotor,
- end rings,
- Design of wound rotor,
- Types of enclosures
500.00 Performance Measurement of Three Phase Induction Motors
- Calculation of leakage reactance for parallel sided slot, Carter’s coefficients, Concept of B60, Calculation of No load current, Short circuit current, Calculation of maximum output from Circle
- diagram, Dispersion coefficient, IS325, IS1231, IEC 60034.
- Design criteria of Energy efficien Induction motor.
600.00 Design Examples of Transformers and Induction Motors
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009