CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Principles of Analog Instruments
- Errors in Measurement, Difference between Indicating and Integrating Instruments. Moving coil and Moving iron Ammeters & Voltmeters.
- Extension of ranges by using shunt, Multipliers, Instrument Transformers (only a brief explanation), Dynamometer type Wattmeter & Power Factor meters.
- Reed Moving Coil type Frequency Meters. Principle of double voltmeter. Double frequency meter. Weston type Synchroscope.
- DC Permanent magnet moving coil type Galvanometers. Ballistic Galvanometer. AC Vibration Galvanometer (only the basic working Principle and Application).
200.00 Principles of Digital Instruments
- Advantages of digital meters over analogue meters. Resolution & sensitivity of digital meters.
- Working principles of digital Voltmeter, Ammeter, Frequency meter, Phase Meter, Energy meter, Tachometer and Multimeter
300.00 Measurement of Resistance
- Wheatstone’s Bridge, Kelvin’s Double Bridge and Megger
400.00 Measurement of Inductance and Capacitance
- Maxwell’s Inductance bridge, Maxwell’s Inductance & Capacitance Bridge, Hay’s bridge, Anderson’s Bridge, Desaugthy’s Bridge, Schering Bridge, Q meter.
- Working principle of Crompton’s Type and its applications for calibration of Ammeter, Voltmeter & Wattmeter.
- Electrical Transducers, Active & Passive Transducers
- Resistive Transducer-Potentiometer, Resistance Pressure Transducer, Resistive Position Transducer
- Temperature Transducer- Resistance Thermometer, Thermistor, Thermo couple, RTD
- Inductive Transducer-Using Self Inductance, Variable Reluctance type, Differential Output Transducers, LVDT, RVDT
- Capacitive Transducer-Capacitive Pressure Transducer
- Piezo Electrical Transducer, Photo Electric Transducer(Photo emissive, Photo Conductive, Photo Voltaic)
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2006 to 2018
- Conventional and Nonconventional Power Generation 2014 to 2014
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements 2014 to 2017
- Power Plant Engineering 2009 to 2011
- Numerical Techniques 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Measurements and Measuring Instruments 2007 to 2013
- Basic Electronics 2007 to 2013
- Electrical Networks 2009 to 2013