CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Units and Topics
- Basics of vehicles mechanisms, history of electric vehicles (EV) and hybrid electric vehicles (HEV), need and importance of EV and HEV, Power/Energy supplies requirements for EV/HEV applications, vehicle power source characterization, and transmission characteristics.
200 Drive-train Topologies
- Review of electric traction, various electric drive-train topologies, basics of hybrid traction system, various hybrid drive-train topologies, power flow control in drive-train topologies, fuel efficiency analysis.
300 DC and AC Machines for Propulsion Applications
Electric system components for EV/HEV, suitability of DC and AC machines for EV/HEV applications, AC and DC Motor drives. Advanced permanent magnet and switch reluctance machines, configuration and control of drives.
400 Energy Sources for EV/HEV
- Requirements of energy supplies and storage in EV/HEV, Review of batteries, fuel cells, flywheels and ultra-capacitors as energy sources for EV/HEV, characteristics and comparison of energy sources for EV/HEV, hybridization of different energy sources.
500 Modeling and Design of the Drive Trains
- Modeling and analysis of EV/HEV drive train, sizing of motor, and design of traction power electronics, various vehicle subsystems.
600 Energy Management Strategies and Energy Efficiency
- EV/HEV energy management strategies, classification and comparison of various energy management strategies, energy efficiency comparison for various EV and HEV variants.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Drives and Control 2007 to 2009