CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Definitions of basic problems in dynamics, static v/s dynamic loads, different types of dynamic loads, undamped vibration of SDOF system, natural frequency and periods of vibration, damping in structure.
- Response to periodic loads, response to general dynamic load, response of structure subject to round motion, use of Fourier series for periodic forces.
200.00 Mdof Systems
- Direct determination of frequencies and mode shapes, orthogonality principle, approximate methods for determination of frequencies and mode shapes.
- Forced vibration of MDOF system, modal analysis, applications to multistoried rigid frames subject to lateral dynamic loads including ground motion.
300.00 Seismological Background
- Seismicity of a region,
- earthquake faults and waves,
- structure of earth,
- plate tectonics,
- elastic-rebound theory of earthquake,
- intensity and magnitude of earthquake,
- measurement of ground motion,
- seismogram, earthquake frequency ,
- local site effects,
- seismotectonics and Seismicity of India.
400.00 Characterization of Ground Motion
- Earthquake response spectra,
- factors influencing response spectra,
- design response spectra for elastic systems,
- peak ground acceleration,
- response spectrum shapes, deformation,
- pseudo-velocity, pseudoacceleration response spectra.
- Peak structural response from the response spectrum,
- response spectrum characteristics,
- construction site specific response spectra
500.00 Deterministic Earthquake Response
- Types of earthquake excitation, lumped SDOF elastic systems.
- translational excitation, lumped MDOF elastic systems, translational excitation, time history analysis, multistoried buildings with symmetric plans, multi storied buildings with un symmetric plans, torsional response of symmetric plan building, distributed - parameter elastic systems, translational excitation, combining maximum modal responses using mean square response of a sin le mode, SRSS and CQC combination of modal responses.
600.00 I. S. Code Method of Seismic Analysis
- Seismic co-efficient method and its limitation,
- response spectrum method, IS 1893-2002 provisions for seismic analysis of buildings and water towers,
- seismic evaluation and retrofitting,
- types of structural system used in building to resist earthquake loads.
700.00 Review of Damages
- Review of damages during past earthquakes and remedial measures,
- seismic design considerations,
- allowable ductility demand,
- ductility capacity,
- reinforcement detailing for members and joints as per IS 13920.