University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Drives and Control: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Drives and Control syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Drives and Control Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Drives and Control Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Drives and Control in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Drives and Control Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Drives and Control and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Drives and Control Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Introduction, Advantages of Electrical Drives, Parts of Electrical Drives, Choice of Electrical Drives, Status of DC and AC Drives, Fundamental Torque equations, Speed Torque conventions and Multi-quadrant Operation, Equivalent values of Drive Parameter, Measurement of Moment of Inertia, Components of Load Torques, Nature and Classification of Load Torques, Calculation of Time and Energy-Loss in Transient Operations, Steady State Stability, Load Equalization.
- Thermal Model of Motor for Heating and Cooling, Classes of Motor Rating, Determination of Motor Rating.
- Modes of Operation, Speed Control, Drive Classification, Closed loop Control of Drives.
- Review of Speed Torque relations for Shunt, Series and Separately excited Motors, Review of Starting, Braking (Regenerative, Dynamic, Plugging), Review of Speed control, Controlled rectifier fed DC drives (separately excited only): Single phase fully-controlled Rectifier, Single phase Half controlled Rectifier, Three phase fully-controlled Rectifier, Three phase Half-controlled Rectifier, Dual Converter Control, Chopper Control – Motoring and Braking of separately excited and Series Motor. (No numerical from this module)
- Induction Motor drives, Review of Speed-Torque relations, Review of Starting methods, Braking (Regenerative, Plugging and AC dynamic braking), Transient Analysis, Speed Control: Stator voltage control, Variable frequency control from voltage source, Static Rotor Resistance control, Slip Power Recovery - Static Scherbius Drive, Review of d-q model of Induction Motor, Principle of Vector Control, Block diagram of Direct Vector Control Scheme, Comparison of Scalar control and Vector control, Basic Principle of Direct Torque Control (block diagram) of induction motor.
- Introduction to Synchronous Motor Variable Speed drives
- Stepper Motor drives- Types, Torque vs. Stepping rate characteristics, Drive circuits, Introduction to Switched reluctance motor drives and Brushless DC motor drives.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Drives and Control 2007 to 2009