CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Units and Topics
100 Concept And Overview Distributed Database System
- What is Distributed Database System (DDBS), Features of DDBS, promises of DDBS, Design issue in DDBS, Distributed DBMS architecture:- Client/server System, Peer-to-Peer, Multi-Database system.
200 Distributed Database Design
- Distributed database design concept, objective of Data Distribution, Data Fragmentation, The allocation of fragment, Transparencies in Distributed Database Design.
300 Distributed Transaction And Concurrency Control
- Basic concept of Transaction management, objective Distributed transaction management, Model for Transaction management
- Distributed Concurrency control:- Objective, concurrency control anomalies, Distributed Serializability, Locking based algorithm, Timestamp based algorithm.
400 Distributed Deadlock And Recovery
- Introduction to Deadlock, Distributed Deadlock prevention, avoidance, detection and recovery, Two-Phase and Three-Phase Commit Protocol.
500 Distributed Query Processing And Optimization
- Concept, objective, and phases of distributed query processing;
- join strategies in fragment relation, Global query optimization
600 Heterogeneous Database
- Architecture of Heterogeneous Database, Database Integration:- Schema Translation and schema Integration, Query processing issues in Heterogeneous database.
- XML for data integration, structure of XML, XML document schema, Querying and Transformation, storage of XML data, XML application.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- System Programming and Compiler Construction 2007 to 2018
- Software Engineering 2015 to 2017
- Distributed Databases 2015 to 2018
- Mobile Communication and Computing 2015 to 2018
- Object Oriented Software Engineering 2007 to 2015
- Advanced Microprocessor 2010 to 2016
- Advance Computer Network 2008 to 2018