CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Review of microprocessor, microcontroller and digital signal processors architecture, Fixed and floating-point processors Number formats and operations: Fixed point 16 bit numbers representations of signed integers and fraction, Floating Point Numbers.
- Review of commonly used DSP processors and their applications, introduction to TMS320C2000 digital signal controller (DSC)
200.00 DSC Architecture and Peripherals
- Overview of TMS320C2000 Digital signal controller family – Features, Architecture, Interrupt and Reset, Memory map - On-chip memories: Flash, RAM, and Boot ROM, Clock system- Digital I/O -CPU Timers – Analog to Digital Converter (ADC), Pulse Width Modulator (PWM), High Resolution PWM, Capture Module, Quadrature Encoder Pulse (QEP) Module Communication Interface and protocols.
300.00 DSC Programming
- Code development process, Assembly language programming, Linker, C Compiler, Code Composer Studio (CCS) and online debugging tools.
400.00 Mathematical Tools for Real Time DSC Implementation
- Review of numerical integration: Euler’s implicit and explicit method, Heun’s Method, Trapezoidal Method.
- Implementation of digital filters and transformations.
500.00 DSC Applications in Power Electronics
- Speed control of Induction motor, BLDC motor, Digital control of DC/DC converter, LED Lighting.
600.00 DSP Applications in Power Systems
- Implementation of Active filters in DSP under balanced and unbalanced condition, harmonic oscillator and 3ɸ phase lock loop, Static VAR Compensator, Hardware in Loop simulations.
- Design of a DSP controlled Converter/Inverter system.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009