CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Digital Image Processing Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 6 (TE Third Year) Digital Image Processing and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Basics of Image Processing
- Image acquisition
- Electromagnetic spectrum
- Elements of visual perception - Structure of the human eye, Image formation in the eye, Brightness adaptation and discrimination, Image formation model, Uniform and non-uniform sampling, Quantization, Image formats.
200 Image Enhancement
- Spatial domain -
- Point processing techniques
- Histogram processing
- Neighbourhood processing
- Frequency domain techniques - 2D-DFT
- Properties of 2D-DFT
- Low pass
- High pass
- Noise removal
- Homomorphic filter
- Basics of colour image processing.
300 Image Segmentation
- Basic relationships between pixels - Neighbours, Adjacency, Connectivity, Regions, Boundaries, Distance measures.
- Detection of discontinuities, Point, Line
- Edge detection
- Edge linking
- Hough transform
- Thresholding-based segmentation
- Region-based segmentation.
400 Image Transforms
- DFT, FFT, DCT, DST
- Hadamard, Walsh, Haar, Slant
- K-L Transforms
- Basis functions and basis images
- Introduction to wavelet transform.
500 Image Compression
- Fundamentals of image compression models
- Lossless compression - RLE, Huffman, LZW, Arithmetic coding techniques.
- Lossy compression - IGS coding, Predictive coding, Transform coding, JPEG, JPEG 2000.
600 Morphology, Representation and Description
- Open, Close
- Boundary extraction
- Region filling
- Thinning and thickening
- Chain Codes
- Polygonal approximations
- Fourier descriptors
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Biomedical Instrumentation -2 2011 to 2011
- Biostatistics 2011 to 2012
- Biological Modeling and Simulation 2011 to 2011
- Microcontrollers and Embedded Systems 2011 to 2011
- Medical Imaging-1 2011 to 2012
- Digital Signal Processing for Biomedical Applications 2011 to 2015