CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
- Types of electrical Projects, Types of electrical system, review of components of electrical system, different plans/ drawings in electrical system design, single line diagram in detail
200.00 Design of Power Distribution System
- Different types of distribution systems and selection criteria, temporary and permanent power supply, electrical load size, L.F, D.F, future estimates, substation equipment’s options, design considerations in transformer selection, sizing and specifications, IS standards applicable in above design.
300.00 Design of Switchgear Protection and Auxiliary System
- Selection of HT/LT switchgears, metering, switchboards and MCC, protection systems, coordination and discrimination. Cables selection and sizing, cable installation and management systems, busbars design; Basics of selection of emergency/backup supplies, UPS, DG Set, Batteries; Preliminary design of interior lighting system.
- IS standards applicable in above designs
400.00 Energy Monitoring and Targeting
- Defining monitoring and targeting. Elements of monitoring and Targeting. Analysis techniques for energy optimization, Cumulative Sum of Differences (CUSUM). Electricity billing.
- Energy Management of Electrical Systems: Electrical load management and maximum demand control, Power factor improvement and its benefit, selection and location of capacitors, distribution and transformer losses.
500.00 Energy Audit
- Introduction to Energy Conservation Act 2001 and ECBC 2007.
- Energy Audit: Definition,-need, Types of energy audit, Energy Management (audit) approachunderstanding energy costs, Bench marking, Maximizing system efficiencies, optimizing input energy requirement, fuel and energy substitution. Energy Audit instruments.
- Electrical Energy Performance Assessment: Motors And Variable Speed Drives, Lighting Systems. Basics of HVAC system assessment for electrical energy usage
600.00 Energy Efficient Technologies
- Energy Efficient Technologies: Maximum Demand controllers, Automatic Power Factor Controllers, Energy Efficient Motors, Soft starters, Variable Speed Drives, Energy Efficient Transformer.
- Energy saving potential of each technology.
- Energy Efficient System Design: Lighting System; Use of Energy Management system (EMS) and Building Management System (BMS).
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Drives and Control 2007 to 2009