University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Design of Hydraulic Structures: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Design of Hydraulic Structures syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Design of Hydraulic Structures Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Design of Hydraulic Structures Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Design of Hydraulic Structures in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Design of Hydraulic Structures Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Design of Hydraulic Structures and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 8 (BE Fourth Year) Design of Hydraulic Structures Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- Reservoir – types, storage capacity of reservoir, storage zones, designing reservoir capacity, flow duration curves, mass curves of inflow and outflow, reservoir losses, reservoir sedimentation, silt control, selection of type of dam, selection of site of dam, preliminary and final investigations of dam sites.
- Definition, typical cross section, forces acting on gravity dam, modes of failure and structural stability analysis, profile of dam- elementary and practical profile, low and high gravity dam, design consideration and fixing of section of dam, methods of design, construction of galleries in dams, types of joints, temperature control in concrete dams, foundation treatment..
- Definition and types of arch dams, forces acting on arch darn, design of arch dams, types of buttress dams.
- Types of earth dams, method of construction, causes and failures of earth dams, design criteria, selecting suitable preliminary section, seepage line for different conditions and its location, seepage control through embankment and through foundations, Swedish circle method with pore pressure, details of construction and maintenance, types of rock fill dams, stability analysis, advantages.
- Introduction, location of spillway, design consideration of main spillway, controlled and uncontrolled spillway, types of spillways, design principles of ogee spillway. Chute spillway.
- Siphon spillway and shaft spillway, energy dissipation below overflow and other types of spillways, design of bucket type energy dissipater and stilling basin, flood mitigation reservoirs.
- Crest gates, types, advantages, design of radial gate, outlet works through dams, intake structures.
- Design of small bridges and culverts, data collection, high flood discharge, linear waterway calculation, scour depth, causeways and culverts, principles of hydraulic design of causeways and culverts, design details of surplus weir, flush escape, direct sluice, canal drops, canal regulators, diversion head works: component parts, functions, weirs and barrages, Blighs Creep theory, Lanes weighed theory. Cross drainage (CD) works: Types of CD works