CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introduction Database Concepts
- Introduction, Characteristics of databases, File system V/s Database system, Users of Database system, Concerns when using an enterprise database, Data Independence, DBMS system architecture, Database Administrator.
200.00 Entity–Relationship Data Model
- Introduction, Benefits of Data Modeling, Types of Models, Phases of Database Modeling, The Entity-Relationship (ER) Model, Generalization, Specialization and Aggregation, Extended Entity-Relationship (EER) Model.
300.00 Relational Model and Algebra
- Introduction, Mapping the ER and EER Model to the Relational Model, Data Manipulation, Data Integrity, Advantages of the Relational Model, Relational Algebra, Relational Algebra Queries, Relational Calculus.
400.00 Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Overview of SQL, Data Definition Commands, Set operations, aggregate function, null values, Data Manipulation commands, Data Control commands, Views in SQL, Nested and complex queries.
500.00 Integrity and Security in Database
- Domain Constraints, Referential integrity, Assertions, Trigger, Security, and authorization in SQL.
600.00 Relational–Database Design
- Design guidelines for relational schema, Function dependencies, Normal Forms- 1NF, 2 NF, 3NF, BCNF and 4NF.
700.00 Transactions Management and Concurrency
- Transaction concept, Transaction states, ACID properties, Implementation of atomicity and durability, Concurrent Executions, Serializability, Recoverability, Implementation of isolation
- Concurrency Control:- Lock-based, Timestamp-based, Validation-based protocols, Deadlock handling
- Recovery System:- Failure Classification, Storage structure, Recovery & atomicity, Log based recovery, Shadow paging.
800.00 Query Processing and Optimization
- Overview, Issues in Query Optimization, Steps in Query Processing, System Catalog or Metadata, Query Parsing, Query Optimization, Access Paths, Query Code Generation, Query Execution, Algorithms for Computing Selection and Projection, Algorithms for Computing a Join, Computing Aggregation Functions, Cost Based Query Optimization.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 4 2007 to 2018
- Analysis of Algorithm 2015 to 2018
- Computer Organisation and Architecture 2009 to 2018
- Database Management Systems 2007 to 2018
- Theoretical Computer Science 2014 to 2018
- Computer Graphics 2009 to 2018
- Operating Systems 2009 to 2018
- Analysis of Algorithm and Design 2007 to 2014
- Analog and Digital Communication 2007 to 2014