CBCGS [2017 - current]
CBGS [2013 - 2016]
Old [2000 - 2012]
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Structures Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Structures and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
100 Introduction to Data Structure
- Types of Data Structure, Arrays, Strings, Recursion, ADT (Abstract Data type), Concept of Files, Operations with files, types of files.
200 Linear Data Structure
201 Linked List
- Linked List as an ADT, Linked List Vs.
- Arrays, Memory Allocation & De-allocation for a Linked List, Linked List operations, Types of Linked List, Implementation of Linked List, Application of Linked Listpolynomial, sparse matrix.
- The Stack as an ADT, Stack operation, Array Representation of Stack, Link Representation of Stack, Application of stack – Recursion, Polish Notation
- The Queue as an ADT, Queue operation, Array Representation of Queue, Linked Representation of Queue, Circular Queue, Priority Queue, & Dequeue, Application of Queues – Johnsons Algorithm, Simulation
300 Non-linear Data Structure
- Basic trees concept, Binary tree representation,Binary tree operation, Binary tree traversal, Binary search tree implementation, Thread Binary tree, The Huffman Algorithm, Expression tree, Introduction to Multiway search tree and its creation(AVL, B-tree, B+ tree)
- Basic concepts, Graph Representation, Graph traversal (DFS & BFS)
400 Sorting and Searching
- Sorting:- Sort Concept, Shell Sort, Radix sort, Insertion Sort, Quick Sort, Merge Sort,Heap Sort
- Searching:- List Search,Linear Index Search, Index Sequential Search Hashed List Search, Hashing Methods, Collision Resolution.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Applied Mathematics 3 2007 to 2018
- Electronic Circuits and Communication Fundamentals 2014 to 2018
- Digital Logic Design and Analysis 2015 to 2018
- Data Structure and Algorithm Analysis 2014 to 2018
- Discrete Structures 2014 to 2018
- Object Oriented Programming Methodology 2014 to 2018
- Electronics Devices and Linear Circuits 2009 to 2014
- Discrete Structure and Graph Theory 2009 to 2013
- Data Structure and Files 2009 to 2014
- Computer Organisation and Architecture 2009 to 2018
- Digital Logic Design and Application 2007 to 2014