University of Mumbai Syllabus For Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Base and Information Retrieval System: Knowing the Syllabus is very important for the students of Semester 3 (SE Second Year). Shaalaa has also provided a list of topics that every student needs to understand.
The University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Base and Information Retrieval System syllabus for the academic year 2021-2022 is based on the Board's guidelines. Students should read the Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Base and Information Retrieval System Syllabus to learn about the subject's subjects and subtopics.
Students will discover the unit names, chapters under each unit, and subtopics under each chapter in the University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Base and Information Retrieval System Syllabus pdf 2021-2022. They will also receive a complete practical syllabus for Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Base and Information Retrieval System in addition to this.
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Base and Information Retrieval System Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Base and Information Retrieval System and their Unit wise marks distribution
University of Mumbai Semester 3 (SE Second Year) Data Base and Information Retrieval System Course Structure 2021-2022 With Marking Scheme
- What is a database? ,
- Characteristics of databases,
- Example of database,
- File system V/s Database system,
- What is DBMS?,
- Users of Database system,
- Advantage of using an enterprise database,
- Concerns when using an enterprise database,
- Data Independence,
- DBMS system architecture,
- Database Administrator,
- Benefits of Data Modeling,
- Types of Models,
- Phases of Database Modeling,
- The Entity-Relationship (ER) Model,
- Specialization and Aggregation,
- Extended Entity-Relationship (EER) Model
- Introduction ,
- Mapping the ER and EER Model to the Relational Model ,
- Data Manipulation ,
- Data Integrity ,
- Advantages of the Relational Model,
- Relational Algebra ,
- Relational Algebra Queries,
- Relational Calculus.
- Overview of SQL ,
- Data Definition Commands,
- Set operations ,
- aggregate function ,
- null values, ,
- Data Manipulation commands,
- Data Control commands ,
- Views-Using Virtual Tables in SQL,
- Nested and complex queries .
- Transaction concept,
- Transaction states,
- ACID properties,
- Implementation of atomicity and durability,
- Concurrent Executions,
- Concurrency Control: Lock-based ,
- Timestamp-based ,
- Validation-based protocols,
- Deadlock handling,
- Recovery System: Failure Classification,
- Storage structure,
- Recovery & atomicity,
- Log based recovery,
- Shadow paging.
- Murphy ’s Law of G U I Design, Features of G U I, Icons and graphics, Identifying visual cues, clear communication, color selection, GUI standard, planning GUI Design Work.
- Visual programming :
- Sharing Data and Code: Working with Projects, Introduction to Basic language, Using inbuilt controls and ActiveX controls, creating and using classes, Introduction to Collections, Using and creating ActiveX Components, dynamic data exchange, object linking and embedding
- Creating visual software entities: Working with text, graphics, working with files, file management, serial communication, multimedia control interfaces.