CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Cryptography and System Security Revised Syllabus
University of Mumbai Semester 7 (BE Fourth Year) Cryptography and System Security and their Unit wise marks distribution
Units and Topics
- Security Attacks, Security Goals, Computer criminals, Methods of defense, Security Services, Security Mechanisms.
200 Basics of Cryptography
- Symmetric Cipher Model, Substitution Techniques, Transportation Techniques, Other Cipher Properties-Confusion, Diffusion, Block and Stream Ciphers.
300 Secret Key Cryptography
- Data Encryption Standard(DES), Strength of DES, Block Cipher Design Principles and Modes of Operations, Triple DES, International Data Encryption algorithm, Blowfish, CAST-128.
400 Public Key Cryptography
- Principles of Public Key Cryptosystems, RSA Algorithm, Diffie-Hellman Key Exchange
500 Cryptographic Hash Functions
- Applications of Cryptographic Hash Functions, Secure Hash Algorithm
- Message Authentication Codes – Message Authentication Requirements and Functions, HMAC
- Digital signatures, Digital Signature Schemes, Authentication Protocols, Digital Signature Standards.
600 Authentication Applications
- Kerberos, Key Management and Distribution, X.509 Directory Authentication service, Public Key Infrastructure, Electronic Mail Security: Pretty Good Privacy, S/MIME.
701 Program Security
- Secure programs, Nonmalicious Program Errors
- Malicious Software – Types, Viruses, Virus Countermeasures, Worms, Targeted Malicious Code, Controls against Program Threats.
702 Operating System Security
- Memory and Address protection, File Protection Mechanism, User Authentication.
703 Database Security
- Security Requirement, Reliability and Integrity, Sensitive data, Inference, Multilevel Databases.
704 IDS and Firewalls
- Intruders, Intrusion Detection, Password Management, Firewalls-Characteristics, Types of Firewalls, Placement of Firewalls, Firewall Configuration, Trusted systems.
800 IP Security and Non-cryptographic Protocol Vulnerabilities
801 IP Security
- Overview, Architecture, Authentication Header, Encapsulating Security Payload, Combining security Associations, Internet Key Exchange
- Web Security:- Web Security Considerations, Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer Security, Electronic Payment.
802 Non-cryptographic Protocol Vulnerabilities
- DoS, DDoS, Session Hijacking and Spoofing, Software Vulnerabilities-Phishing, Buffer Overflow, Format String Attacks, SQL Injection
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Digital Signal and Image Processing 2011 to 2016
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence 2011 to 2015
- Mobile Computing 2011 to 2017
- System Security 2011 to 2017
- Artificial Intelligence 2016 to 2018
- Cryptography and System Security 2016 to 2018
- Digital Signal Processing 2016 to 2018
- Image Processing 2016 to 2016