CBCGS [2019 - current]
CBGS [2015 - 2018]
Old [2000 - 2014]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introduction to Controllers and Controllers Design
- Lag, lead and lead-lag network, cascade and feedback compensation and concept of Proportional, Integral and derivative controllers (all these with no numerical), design of gain compensation, lag, lead, lag-lead compensators through frequency response technique ( simple design problems).
200.00 PID Controllers
- Introduction to different form of PID controllers, textbook and industrial form, issues in implementation of industrial PID, and modifications in the form of PID controllers, reverse acting controller.
300.00 Design via State Space
- Introduction to controller design via gain adjustment, controllability, alternative approach to controller design, introduction to observer(estimator), observability, alternative approach to observer design, steady state error design via integral control.
400.00 Digital Control System
- introduction to digital control system, Modeling the digital computer, Pulse transfer function, Block diagram reduction, concept of stability in digital control system, Digital system stability via the s-plane (using Routh-Hurwitz) Steady state error, Transient response on Z plane (no numerical), cascade compensation via s-plane, implementation of digital compensator.
500.00 Programmable Logic Controllers
- Introduction to PLC, Input output field devices, block diagram of PLC, input output module, power supply, programming unit, processing unit, rack assembly, memory unit, relay ladder logic circuit , addressing modes in PLC, relationship of data file to I/O module.
600.00 Fundamentals of PLC Programming
- PLC program execution, ladder diagram programming language, instructions set of PLC, simple programs using these instructions, jump and loop instruction, shift instruction, troubleshooting PLC.
Question Papers For All Subjects
- Control Systems 2 2007 to 2009