CBCGS [2018 - current]
CBGS [2014 - 2017]
Old [2000 - 2013]
Topics with syllabus and resources
100.00 Introduction to Control System
- History of control system, open loop and closed loop control system with examples, brief idea of multi variable control system.
200.00 Modeling in the Frequency Domain
- Transfer function of electrical (Network and OP Amp) and electro mechanical systems. Transfer function model of AC & DC servomotor, potentiometer & tachogenerator.
- Block diagram reduction technique and signal flow graph, Mason’s rule, Signal flow graph of electrical network.
300.00 Modeling in the Time Domain
- Introduction to state variable, General state space representation, State space representation of Electrical and Mechanical systems. Conversion between state space and transfer function. Alternative representations in state space: (Phase variable, parallel & cascade). Similarity transformations, diagonalizing a system matrix. Laplace Transform solution of state equation.
400.00 Transient, Steady State and Stability Analysis
- Time response analysis of first and second order systems, Under damped second order system with step input. System response with additional poles and zeros.
- Steady state error for unity feedback systems.
- Static error constants and system type. Concept of stability, absolute and relative stability using Routh Hurwitz criteria, stability in state space.
500.00 Root Locus Techniques
- Definition and properties of root locus, rules for plotting root locus, stability analysis using root locus, Transient response design via gain adjustment.
600.00 Frequency Response techniques
- Polar plots, Bode plot, stability in frequency domain, Nyquist plots. Nyquist stability criterion.
- Gain margin and phase margin via Nyquist diagram and Bode plots.
- Relationship between Closed loop transient, Closed and open loop frequency responses.
- Steady state error characteristics from frequency responses